Season Concert Series Kicks Off with an Electric Performance by Mark Wood, Original String Master of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and “Van Halen” of the Violin World.
JOHNS CREEK, GA – Johns Creek Symphony Orchestra is proud to announce their most powerful concert season yet. Coming off the heels of a successful 16th concert series, Johns Creek Symphony Orchestra is approaching their 17th concert season with new vigor, intensity, and inspiration.
Entitled “Unleashing the Power of Symphony,” the 2023-2024 season will celebrate the musical legends of yesterday, today, and tomorrow through powerful guest performances and local artist collaborations. Inspired by the evolving sound and spirit of music, Unleashing the Power of Symphony showcases the legacy of pioneering artists across musical genres and generations.
Unleashing the Power of Symphony is predicted to be the most memorable and moving concert season yet. Tickets for the upcoming 2023-2024 season are now available. This season’s schedule includes:
- Sept. 30 at 7 p.m. – The Mark Wood Experience – Mark Wood, dubbed “The Eddie Van Halen of the Violin World” and Original String Master of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, will join JCSO for an electrifying night of Rock in the Park! This is a free concert at Newtown Park Amphitheater in Johns Creek, 3150 Old Alabama Rd, Johns Creek, GA 30022. Gates open at 6 p.m. This concert is sponsored by the City of Johns Creek and the Music Performance Trust Fund, in association with the American Federation of Musicians.
- Nov. 18 at 7:30 p.m. – American Soundscapes – American violinist Kevin Zhu will perform with youthful spirit and vibrant sound in this American-themed concert, featuring Copland’s Appalachian Spring. This concert is sponsored by Fulton County Board of Commissioners.
- Dec. 16 at 2:30 p.m. – A Kids’ Christmas – Santa’s Musical Workshop is here! Join us for a sensory-friendly holiday concert where dancing, singalongs, Santa Claus, and reindeer magic bring people of all abilities together to celebrate the holiday season. This concert is supported by the Transamerica Foundation.
- Dec. 16 at 7:30 p.m. – Christmas Pops – Listen, laugh, and rejoice with comedic songstress Nancy Gaddy as she joins JCSO and the Johns Creek Chorale to delight in “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.”
- Feb. 3 at 7:30 p.m. – Center Stage Rhapsodies – Award-winning piano powerhouse Awadagin Pratt will bring his signature sound to Johns Creek in a concert of breathtaking works, featuring Dvorak’s New World Symphony and more.
- March 16 at 7:30 p.m. – Brilliant Beethoven – Join JCSO as we commemorate Ludwig van Beethoven, the “Rock Star of the Centuries,” in this concert honoring the 200th anniversary of Symphony No.9, featuring masterful soloists and the Johns Creek Chorale.
- May 4 at 7:30 p.m. – Celebrating the Maestro – Together we will celebrate Maestro J. Wayne Baughman’s impact on the Johns Creek community and highlight the greatest moments in JCSO history. This concert is sponsored by Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
*All concerts, except “The Mark Wood Experience,” will be held at Johns Creek United Methodist Church, 11180 Medlock Bridge Rd. Johns Creek, GA 30097
“This is going to be a standout season for our orchestra –one that will resonate within the multiple musical interests across our Georgia Community,” said Linda Brill, Executive Director of the Johns Creek Symphony Orchestra. “We are also thrilled to be joined by internationally renowned artists as we celebrate our 17th concert season.” she added.
Johns Creek Symphony Orchestra invites music lovers of all walks of life to experience this momentous and electric season that will be remembered for years to come. Subscriptions for the new season range from $80 to $207, and single tickets will range from $15 to $55. To buy individual concert tickets, purchase season tickets, or explore sponsorship opportunities, please visit johnscreeksymphony.org or call 678.748.5802. To schedule an interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Premium Seating Section (1st 8 rows, center)||Standard Seating Section (all other areas)|
Subscriptions (on sale now until sold out):
Seniors (60+): $176
Subscriptions (on sale now):
Seniors (60+): $141
Single Tickets (on sale now):
Adults: $45 – $55
Seniors (60+): $39 – $49
Students: $23 – $33
Single Tickets (on sale now):
Adults: $35 – $45
Seniors (60+): $30 – $40
Students: $15 – $25
|Please note that A Kids’ Christmas is strictly general admission and is not included on the season subscription package.|
|Single tickets for A Kids’ Christmas concert are:
Seniors (60+): $25
Child (3-17): $17
Kids 2 and under: FREE (ticket is still necessary to enter)
*Tickets can be purchased online or at the door.
ABOUT JOHNS CREEK SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
The Johns Creek Symphony Orchestra, founded by Music Director J. Wayne Baughman, provides world class musical enrichment for the community of Johns Creek through concert series performances, as well as additional educational programs and special events each year. Now in its seventeenth season, the Johns Creek Symphony Orchestra is a fully professional symphonic orchestra composed of professional musicians from all over the greater metro Atlanta area. To learn more about Johns Creek Symphony Orchestra, please visit johnscreeksymphony.org/
Thank you to our 2023-2024 Season Sponsors!